Wrinkles and sagging skin become more of a problem as you age. Fortunately, laser skin tightening in Austin can correct these issues and help you look younger and enjoy smoother skin. Here are some of the leading causes of wrinkles and sagging skin:
- Lack of Collagen: The collagen in your skin helps it rebound after you frown, smile, or move your face, but the levels of this substance decrease as you age, leading to the formation of permanent wrinkles.
- Breakdown of Elastin: Elastin gives your skin structure and keeps it tight. Once this substance wears down, the outer layer of skin will sink into the grooves of the deeper layers.
- Dehydration: As skin ages, it begins to dry out because the glands produce less sebum to lubricate the skin. Skin cells begin to droop and shrivel when they lack the moisture, which causes a weathered and fissured appearance.
- Reduced Fat in Cells: Normally, losing fat is desirable, but at the cellular level, it leads to a sunken and hollow look. This is due to the skin dipping into the depressions of its lower levels.
- Gravity: Often, skin sags simply because of the force that gravity exerts over time. Laser skin rejuvenation in Austin can help reverse these effects, making you look younger.
- Sun Exposure: Excess exposure to sunlight can lead to premature wrinkles, especially when it occurs early in life. The ultraviolet rays from the sun work to break down the collagen and elastin in the skin, speeding the formation of wrinkles. Wearing sunscreen every day can help prevent this effect.
Laser skin treatment in Austin at Elements Laser Spa can help reverse the effects of wrinkles and sagging skin. We also offer spider vein removal, laser hair removal, and skin tightening procedures to complete your youthful makeover. Call (512) 444-4600 today to schedule an appointment.