You may wonder exactly what causes telangiectasias, more commonly known as spider veins, or what exactly it is.
Although spider veins are often compared to varicose veins, there is a significant difference. While varicose veins are a much more serious medical condition, spider veins are only considered a cosmetic problem—an annoyance for many people. Spider veins are small, coiled clusters of tiny blood vessels just underneath the skin's surface. They look a lot like spider webs, from which the common terminology is derived.
- Spider veins begin to surface between ages of fifty and sixty, and are generally most likely to show up on legs; however, they can also surface on the face and arms.
- In most cases the red, purple, and/or blue webs are clearly visible on the skin's surface, even though they occur beneath the skin.
Causes of Spider Veins:
- There are several factors that can contribute to the appearance of spider veins, which include heredity, obesity, and the use of birth control pills, hormonal influences, and blood clots among others.
- While these factors have been known to correlate with spider veins, the exact cause is unknown; however, there are many treatment options available for spider vein removal.
- While skin tightening, laser hair removal, and laser skin rejuvenation treatment continues to grow in popularity, many people do not realize that laser treatment is also available for spider vein removal.
o People seeking spider vein removal may be inclined to automatically choose sclerotherapy, a common method of treatment, but if you are looking for a great alternative, you should consider the benefits of the laser removal.
o Laser spider vein removal uses the light of the laser to deteriorate the vein over time, which gradually reduces and removes the appearance of veins, rather than injecting something beneath the skin's surface.
o Laser spider vein removal is also a fairly quick process that doesn't require the use of pain medication, anesthetic injections, or sedatives.
For more information about spider vein removal, feel free to give Elements Laser Spa a call, or schedule a consultation. We understand and specialize in the removal of cosmetic annoyances, and we are happy to help address any questions you might have about our services.